Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mea Culpa pt II


I forgot in this morning's post to add another round of Mea Culpa's towards Joshua.

Honestly, although I think he'll go on to win 200+ games in the majors, he's almost ensuring his HOF status on his post season play alone.

5-2 with 1.75 ERA with one complete game shut out in 9 games in the post season at the age of 27?? 73 K's in in 65.2 innings pitched with a almost tauntingly low 13 walks. The guy's a machine.

His at bat against Cabrera on Thursday is a prime example. One 97mph fastball for a strike to lead off, then four vicious curveballs, the last one at 77, but looking like it travelled at 87 for a strike out looking. He's taken his game to a whole other level this year.

So Joshy boy, can you recover from your 109 pitch outing to come out in relief on Sunday to bridge it between Dice-K and Pap? If we could get the Dice-K from before the All Star game to return (and yes, I know that Dice-K is sadly conspicious in his absence), that must simply be one of the worst pitching lineups an opponent could imagine...

Tito, do me one favour though. Send Gagne, or as my blogging friend Iain aptly named him, Perdu, home to Canada for the rest of the season. I was very happy when I heard that the Sox had traded for him, but now that horrible feeling of pitchers and 'roids keep popping into my head when I see his fastball having lost so, so much.

I know, he's had a horrible injury period, but when a changeup is your outpitch, it works wonders if your fastball is mid-high 90s, not when your fastball is 88 and your changeup is 83. When that happens, you outpitch becomes a batting practice pitch....

Sadly, it doesn't matter if you look like the next coming of Rick Vaughn, when you toss meatballs and niggle the corners, we simply struggle to trust your ability. Please Eric, show us doubters the old Eric, and go 1-2-3 in the 7th with the game on the line, and we''ll love you as much as we love Youk....well ok, not quite, but we'll still like you!

Honestly, doesn't Youk just embody everything the RSN is about? Every at-bat like it's your last, every ball dug out of the dirt like it's the final out of a winning World Series, every baserun like it's the tying run in a 9th inning comeback.

My family is going to kill me, but I think I need to get yet another Red Sox shirt

No comments: