Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Once more into the fray


Finally, tickets booked for flight to Boston for the first visit to Fenway of 2008 (or, as it shall be named, the back-to-back year). After the barren years of '05 and '06, I finished '07 with a fantastic 2 game visit for the final regular games at Fenway.

Travelling around the NE area for 9 days should allow me to take in at least two games at Fenway during the intraleague series against the Brewers and the following one against the Royals. Sadly, as intraleague game is held at the AL stadium, the DH rule will still be in effect. Although of course if it wasn't, one of Youk, Big Papi or Lowell would sit, and as I love all three, I guess I'll manage :)

On the agenda is also a goal I've had for a long time, a trip to a minor league game. Ever since I saw Bull Durham, the grind and authenticity of minor league baseball has been very close to my heart.

The Pawtucket Red Sox host the Twins AAA affiliate Rochester Red Wings. Hopefully I'll get a real life glimpse of some of the future Red Sox major leaguers. Recently called up SS of the future Jed Lowrie should be down in Pawtucket by then, so it will be a treat to see him tear up minor league pitching.

Now, what to do for the next month? Oh yes, I think there's a Red Sox @ Yankees game on tonight. Here's to Lester finding his locations better than last time. And I don't only say that because he's on my fantasy team!


No comments: