Monday, June 05, 2006

Here we go again....

I know it's 19 games per year, but I must admit I sometimes struggle to get the same emotion up for each Red Sox-Yankees series this time of the year, as it seems there's one every week. At least this is the last one until mid-august, and if there ever was a time to take on the Yanks, this is one.

Jeter might miss the series with a sore hand, Giambi's feeling the effects of 5 years of abuse (did I write that?:)), Matsui's gone for the season, Sheffield's wrist won't heal, the Unit's realised the AL post the 40s is not as fun, etc, etc. I could go on ad nauseum.

Still, we've got Beckett going up against the only reliable starter the Yanks have, Moose, so I'll stay tuned this time.

On the youngster note, I can't wait for Lester to make his debut this weekend against the Rangers...

No comments: